|HELPFUL TIPS BEFORE ENTERING
Before you start filling out the entry:
- Make a list of all the things that went well within your company in the past 12 months. This will help you determine who or what you want to nominate, and in which categories.
- Underneath each one, write a short paragraph outlining what you did, and how you got there. This will get you thinking about your efforts and crafting your entry.
- The entry will take you a lot longer than you think to fill out. Start now!
Filling out the entry:
- Prepare your answers in advance in a separate document so that you can simply copy and paste them into the online submission form. Whilst the online forms have a save feature, having all the answers ready will make it easier for you to quickly submit your entry.
- Pleaze chekk for speling. It’s nevr a good lok if you’re entry is ful of mistaikes.
- The word limit is not a goal. If you can portray what you need to in fewer words, even better.
- Keep it simple, short and to the point.
- Answer ALL the questions.
- If entering more than one category, don’t assume that you will be able to cut and paste your answers from one to the other.
- Focus more on keeping the content positive and highlight the most important achievements.
- Do not criticise the competition.
- Don’t exaggerate. Just state the facts and evidence them well.
- Most of the judges are not familiar with your market, so answers and results need context.
- Don’t assume the judges will know your industry or your business.
- Please submit your answers in the first person ie. using “I” and “we”.
- Be passionate! This is your business and chance to showcase yourself. Get someone else to read what you’ve written. If they don’t get excited, how can you expect the judges to?
- Each question includes ‘things to consider’. These are a guideline for you to answer the question and are also what the judges will look for in your answers.